SSL connection abort screws up logger pipe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject SSL connection abort screws up logger pipe
Date
List pgsql-hackers
While testing the logger subprocess, I found that I get a
"could not read from system logger pipe: Too many open files" if I abort
a SSL connection.

After that, the ereport(FATAL) will screw up the backend, semctl etc (To
fix this, I'm using ereport(COMMERROR) and exit(1) now, logger will
restart gracefully).

It appears that the SSL connection cleanup code does some harmful stuff
to the logger pipe, while the normal cleanup code will leave the pipe
workable.

Regards,
Andreas