Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> With all respect to Lamar and Jan, the elepant-diamond is not really feasable.
> It reproduces poorly at low resolutions or limited color palettes -- heck,
> even at high resolution it's a bit muddy.   Frankly, a usable logo has to be
> draw-able on a cocktail napkin with a ball-point pen, or people will ignore
> it.  Also, what would we be *saying* with an elephant in a diamond?

My take would be a new elephant but still an elephant. Use a slightly
more dynamic color of blue. The soft blue (IMHO) is just too, blah.

Basically and "updated" elephant. Every logo goes through a life cycle
where they slightly change or color are slightly modified in the
beginning of their life cycle.

> Ideas, anyone?

Attachment