Re: Difference in text/char data matching between 7.3.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kazuya Togashi
Subject Re: Difference in text/char data matching between 7.3.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your input. So if I understand you correctly, it is implied
that the behavior with PostgreSQL 7.3.4 is likely to be incorrect (or it
was a bug, I guess?)

One more question, in your reply, you mentioned that "char" type
considers trailing spaces to be insignificant. Should this idea be
applied to both how "char" type holds whitespaces and how equal operator
works on "char" type?

Thanks,
Kazuya