Comparing tsearch2 vectors. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject Comparing tsearch2 vectors.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

We want to compare strings after stemming. Can anyone
tell me what is the best method. I was thinking to compare
the tsvector ,but there is no operator for that.

Regds
Mallah.

tradein_clients=# SELECT to_tsvector('handicraft exporters');
+---------------------------+
|        to_tsvector        |
+---------------------------+
| 'export':2 'handicraft':1 |
+---------------------------+
(1 row)

Time: 710.315 ms
tradein_clients=#
tradein_clients=# SELECT to_tsvector('handicrafts exporter');
+---------------------------+
|        to_tsvector        |
+---------------------------+
| 'export':2 'handicraft':1 |
+---------------------------+
(1 row)

Time: 400.679 ms
tradein_clients=# SELECT to_tsvector('Hi there') = to_tsvector('Hi there');
ERROR:  operator does not exist: tsvector = tsvector
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You may
need to add explicit type casts.
tradein_clients=#

--

regds
Mallah.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah
| Tradeindia.com  (3,11,246) Registered Users         |
| Indias' Leading B2B eMarketPlace                  |
| http://www.tradeindia.com/                |