Re: Terrible performance after deleting/recreating indexes - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Terrible performance after deleting/recreating indexes
Date
List pgsql-performance
That is interesting - both psql and JDBC merely submit statements for
the backend to process, so generally you would expect no difference in
execution plan or performance.

It might be worth setting "log_statement=true" in postgresql.conf and
checking that you are executing *exactly* the same statement in both
JDBC and psql.

regards

Mark

P.s : lets see the output from  EXPLAIN ANALYZE  :-)