Re: ALTER xx SET TABLESPACE (was bug in DROP TABLESPACE) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: ALTER xx SET TABLESPACE (was bug in DROP TABLESPACE)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>> Its questionable if these are to be interpreted as just changing the
>> default tablespace for subsequent creates, or also moving all objects
>> that were created using the previous tablespace. Since it's
>> indistinguishable whether an object was created using the default
>> from schema/database or given a tablespace explicitely (unless
>> default was 0), I'd opt for version one.
>

> I meant option one - I hadn't considered the second.  The thing is
> though you have to maybe move some stuff on disk as well.

Currently not in case of schema (until we have a placeholder file); for
database, certainly the directory structure needs to be created and the
old removed if empty. AFAICS no move of data is necessary.

Regards,
Andreas