Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Gary Doades
Subject Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
On 1 Jul 2004 at 19:50, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I ran into this same problem with doing the installer - it needs to call
> initdb, and the installer runs as high-priv account... Haven't quite
> figured out how to handle that now - the snapshot I'm working off at
> home only does initdb on 2000/XP/2003 for the moment. If someone has any
> good ideas on this, please let me know.
>
> //Magnus

Sounds like you need

LogonUser
ImpersonateLoggedonUser
CreateProcessAsUser

function calls to behave as a low priv user or launch a program as a low priv user.

I have never used these myself, but a quick scan through MSDN suggests they may be
what you need.

You may have already tried these of course!

Cheers,
Gary.