Re: max_fsm_pages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: max_fsm_pages
Date
List pgsql-general
If you increase max_fsm_pages to a large enough number then the next
vacuum analyze will make all the pages with free space available to be
reused.  A normal VACUUM does not actually reclaim space (unless it's at
the end of the table I think), it only marks the space as reuseable.
VACUUM FULL will reclaim space immediately.

Matthew