Re: Bug with view definitions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Bug with view definitions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Clift wrote:

> Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> I've still not checked any code. I don't even know what part of pg it
>> is that produce that bad SQL. The view itself works, so it must be
>> the pretty printer that is broken (where ever that is hidden away in
>> the code).
>

> Thanks Dennis.
>
> So, it's definitely a bug then.  I wasn't sure if it was PG or me.  :)

The source of information_schema.constraint_column_usage  in
backend/catalog/information_schema.sql doesn't have the ORDER BY clause,
but pg_get_viewdef finds one. A quick glance at adt/ruleutils.c doesn't
show an obvious problem, so the inner query somehow acquired a sortClause.

Regards,
Andreas