Re: Capacity Planning - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Capacity Planning
Date
List pgsql-admin
Jeff Keller wrote:

> I had a typo in the first post.  The Record Reads per day should be
> 50,000,000, not 500 Million.  My mistake.  One decimal place makes a huge
> difference.   Our current app is Progress based with running on an IBM p650
> with 4 processors and suspect a similar load if we were to changes apps and
> databases.

That's different, and is completely affordable by an IBM p650, how much RAM?
What about your disks ?

I forgot to say in my previous post, that whith my numbers:

100 concurrent users
2.000.000 read for 12 h
1.000.000 update for 12 h
50.000 new records each day

the load average ( the unix one ) is under 2.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola