Re: More psql problems... >.< - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Madison Kelly
Subject Re: More psql problems... >.<
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:
>>   My previous question was performance based, now I just need to get
>>the darn thing working again. Like I said, after ~300 seconds perl dies.
>>If I disable auto-commit then it dies the first time it runs an insert.
>>(this is all done on the same table; 'file_dir'). If I add a 'commit'
>>before each select than a bunch of selects will work (a few dozen) and
>>then it dies anyway.
>

> Is it exactly 300 seconds?  Sounds like a timeout somewhere to me.  Does
> perl have one of those?  Or maybe your OS / Shell combo do, or something
> like it?  Just guessing here.

Hi Scott,

   Thanks for replying. In my frustration I missed the obvious; the
web-browser was timing out (web front end)... Darn that makes me feel
foolish! Anyway, I went for a walk to relax and calm down and now I can
get back to working on performance.

   Madison