Re: case stement when null - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From V i s h a l Kashyap @ [Sai Hertz And Control Systems]
Subject Re: case stement when null
Date
List pgsql-sql
Dear Jaime ,

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
> "public"."rec_f_consultarplanificacionrubros" (smallint, smallint,
> char(9), smallint, smallint, smallint, char(2)) RETURNS SETOF
> "public"."rec_td_rubrosplanificados" AS '
>    select rub_codigo, cpa_valor, cpa_fechavencimiento
>         from rec_m_cuadropagosciclo
>         where ent_codigo = $1
>           and sec_codigo = $2
>           and ani_codigo = $3
>           and case $4
>                   when null then cic_codigo IN (select cic_codigo from
> aca_m_cicloaniolectivo
>                                                        where
> ent_codigo = $1
>                                                          and
> sec_codigo = $2
>                                                          and
> ani_codigo = $3)
>                   else cic_codigo = $4
>              end
> ' LANGUAGE 'sql'
>
> but when $4 is null the function executes the else part and what i
> want to do is to execute the when null. Can you help me???

How about  this

coalesce($4,l  (select cic_codigo from aca_m_cicloaniolectivo
whereent_codigo

= $1                                                        and sec_codigo
= $2                                                        and ani_codigo
= $3) )

It was a coincidence that I was also working on same kinda query thus I
am also in R&D phase
more could be found at
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/22.html

PostgreSQL documentation talks very less about this i.e with out any
example.

I would submit a request along with example.

--
Regards,
Vishal Kashyap