Re: pg_live - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: pg_live
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:

>Robert,
>
>I'd say that it's significantly more important to get a one GUI interface on
>the disk than to keep it under 150mb.

There is a gui at 106mb. But the issue at present is to get this first
version reviewed. I already see a consensus building here but I'd rather
have something out there for people to play with. That way I can make
more effective use of my time when I have a definite list of what's to
be done.

I'm talking to David Fetter right now about getting this 1st version on
Bit-Torrent.

>Personally, I'm still not sold on the mini-disks, and leaving out a GUI just
>so we can use them seems dumb.

Yes, I'm hearing a lot of misgivings about mini-disks.

>Hmmmm .... we could also use a "sample database" in PostgreSQL.    Does anyone
>have something completely non-confidential that would work?

Got that covered. There are several datadumps on "pg_live".

cheers

Robert