Re: pg_ctl using START with paths needing quotes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_ctl using START with paths needing quotes
Date
Re: pg_ctl using START with paths needing quotes  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: pg_ctl using START with paths needing quotes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
This is a really ugly hack (I take the blame since I gave Bruce the
idea). There are a few things to note:

. the .bat file should probably be created in the data dir - that's
about the only place that we should be guaranteed we can write.
. the command should be preceded by '@' to suppress echoing
. the whole command, including redirections should go inside the .bat
file, so that pg_ctl just issues 'start /b foo.bat'

There are still things to clean up in pg_ctl, e.g. its handling of
relative paths to the data dir.

cheers

andrew