Re: postgres on SuSE 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mikhail Terekhov
Subject Re: postgres on SuSE 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Prabu,

You need to allow Postgres to accept TCP/IP connections.
There are two ways to do that in SuSE :

1. run yast2, go to "System", click on "/etc/sysconfig Editor",
    go to Applications/PostgreSQL/POSTGRES_OPTIONS
    and add  -i parameter, click on Finish ... SuSE will do all the rest.
2. edit file /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf and set
    tcp_socket to true. You need to restart postgres after that:
     /etc/init.d/postgresql restart

Regards,
Mikhail