Re: Find out whether a view's column is indexed? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Find out whether a view's column is indexed?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Martin Schäfer wrote:
> Is there any way to find out whether a column that's used in a view is indexed?
>
> The following query:
>
> SELECT ic.relname AS index_name
[snip]
> lets me find out whether a table column is indexed, but it doesn't work for views. Is there anything that can be done
forviews? At least for simple views of the kind 'CREATE VIEW v AS SELECT a,b,c FROM t'?

If you're running 7.4 you can look in the information schema, in
view_column_usage - that will tell you which table-columns a view uses.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd