Re: PostgreSQL certifications? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: PostgreSQL certifications?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>If we sit down an set up clear and public criteria coupled with tests
>which really make much sense in practise, I'm pro this and I'd like to
>contribute to such a project.
>
>Are there some more folks interested ?

I have my own idea how something like this should develop.  I would be
happy to doneate some time on this as well.  Not sure how much I can
donate (working full time for myself).

Here is my idea:

1)  Set up a peer reviewed outline of basic database and PostgreSQL
related skills we would like to see a qualified PostgreSQL administrator
have.

2)  Have community contributed tutorials on these ideas and/or links to
other documentation.  These would also be peer reviewed.

3)  Perhaps eventually, we would need some form of organization which
could approve third party curriculums

4)  Eventually, we could approve third party certifications.

I see this as a long-term project which may or may not lead to a formal
certification process.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

>I vote for setting up an own maillist for this project.
>

>cu

Attachment