Re: Compiling libpq with VisualC - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Compiling libpq with VisualC
Date
Re: Compiling libpq with VisualC  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Andreas Pflug wrote:

>>>This shouldn't be needed anymore.  Where is SYSCONFDIR coming from?  Is
>>>it from some Win32 include file?  It should only be coming from
>>>pg_config_paths.h now.
>>>

>>It's defined in pg_config.h.win32, which is copied to pg_config.h.
>>There's no pg_config_paths.h for win32, and I wonder if the code which
>>uses SYSCONFDIR is of any use for win32.
>>

>Thanks.  Removed.  I never saw that because the file has a .win32
>extension and my search tools didn't look in there.

Well, that doesn't work like this. As I already wrote, there's no
SYSCONFDIR, and if there was it can't have any sensible value for win32
clients. SYSCONFDIR as of pg_config.h.win32 version 1.13 was just a
dummy to make the compiler happy. Now there's no SYSCONFDIR around, and
no pg_config_paths.h either...

The attached patch will create a dummy pg_config_paths.h. Additionally,
ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY is supported by the makefile (but not by the
sources, which need some rework)

Regards,
Andreas