Re: PgadminIII and Sqlite - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: PgadminIII and Sqlite
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Tom Browder wrote:

>Does the architecture of pgadmin3 allow for using it with other databases?
>In particular, is it feasible (and practical) to use it as an administrative
>tool for sqlite?

In general, it's possible to use the architecture for any kind of
database system; If you like, you can take pgadmin3 and implement your
own pgServer class, together with its siblings. The current
implementation is pgsql only, and it was never the intention to have a
cross-db tool. We want to server pgsql first class, not more or less any
database with a subset.

Regards,
Andreas