Re: Libpq ssl fix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Libpq ssl fix
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

>Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
>

>>init_ssl_system  will return 0 on success and -1 on failure, which will
>>be interpreted just the other way round in initialize_SSL.
>>Patch appended.
>>

>Hmm, that looks backwards to me too, but this would seem to imply that
>Manfred Spraul failed to test his last patch at all.  Manfred, care to
>explain why we shouldn't revert that patch in toto?

FYI:
I tried to compile libpq with ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY under win32, and
quickly stopped it because the implementation has pthread stuff buried
deep inside the sources. No pthread under win32... This needs quite some
portability work.

Regards,
Andreas