Re: Big problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Big problem
Date
Re: Big problem  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
> The mistake has only come up two or three times that I can remember,
> which doesn't elevate it to the category of stuff that I want to install
> a lot of mechanism to prevent.  Especially not mechanism that would get
> in the way of reasonable uses.  I think it's sufficient to have a
> recovery procedure.

Hmmm - I agree it's difficult, but somehow I think it's something we
should do.  Just imagine if some major user of postgres did it - they'd
be screaming blue murder...

We could always implement it without locks, thereby taking care of
99.99999% of the times it might happen, with still the availability of a
cure even if they manage to get through that...

Chris