Re: tuning for AIX 5L with large memory - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: tuning for AIX 5L with large memory
Date
List pgsql-performance
Christopher Browne wrote:
> One of our sysadmins did all the "configuring OS stuff" part; I don't
> recall offhand if there was a need to twiddle something in order to
> get it to have great gobs of shared memory.

FWIW, the section on configuring kernel resources under various
Unixen[1] doesn't have any documentation for AIX. If someone out there
knows which knobs need to be tweaked, would they mind sending in a doc
patch? (Or just specifying what needs to be done, and I'll add the SGML.)

-Neil

[1]
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC