Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
> So you then have to build PHP twice, in an RPM build environment.  You mean I
> can't just have the headers installed to build plPHP?  So, follow the

No you need to make sure that PHP is available as a shared lib.

> 1.) Build PostgreSQL
> 2.) Build PHP (with PostgreSQL client support)
> 3.) Build plPHP (with PostgreSQL SPI support, or maybe even PostgreSQL client
> support for cross database queries? :-))

Right.

> Try building the RPMs for PHP plus PostgreSQL and plPHP, then tell me how you
> solved the circular dependency.

Actually plPHP doesn't require the PostgreSQL source tree... you would
just have to modify the Make file to point to the right places.