Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>>Of course not, but I still don't see your point. plPHP doesn't need
>>PHP+PostgreSQL support. Nor does PHP+PostgreSQL conflict with using
>>plPHP...
>>
>>PHP doesn't even need to be installed for plPHP to work... You just
>>need the source tree for building.

O.k. now I get it.. Basically you are saying that in order to build
plPHP you need PHP and PostgreSQL (regardless if they know about each
other). So in order to build plPHP you need to build PostgreSQL, then
PHP, then plPHP... versus just Postgresql+plPHP...

However plPHP is a configure option (when patched)... Thus if they
choose with-php then they would (presumably) know what they were getting
into.

That makes sense.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake