Re: Bogus permissions display in 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Bogus permissions display in 7.4
Date
Re: Bogus permissions display in 7.4  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
>  Schema |  Name   | Type  |            Access privileges
> --------+---------+-------+------------------------------------------
>  public | mytable | table | {miriam=a*r*w*d*R*x*t*/miriam,=r/miriam}
>
> Changing the default ACL would take this down to
>
>  public | mytable | table | {miriam=arwdRxt/miriam,=r/miriam}
>
> which seems usefully more readable to me.  Comments?

Guess this means I have to tweak my ACL parser in phpPgAdmin.  If you
could do something to make that less of a NIGHTMARE, i'd be all ears :P

ie.

1. Make it easy to convert an array to a rowset

2. Fabien's accessor functions? Would they help?

3. At least the quoting has been fixed in 7.4 though

4. Maybe even a function that takes an aclitem and returns....something...