Re: setAutoCommit(false) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: setAutoCommit(false)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Andy Jefferson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a developer on a JDO implementation and we support PostgreSQL as a
> database. When obtaining a connection for the DB we do a
> setAutoCommit(false). Nothing controversial there. I've used PostgreSQL
> 7.3.* with no problems and also 7.4.1-2 with no problems. I do however
> have
> a user saying that he is using latest PostgreSQL (postgresql 7.4.2 with
> pg74.213.jdbc3 is what he told me) and our call to setAutoCommit(false)
> apparently returns
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer
> supported

This happens if you use a 7.3-series driver against a 7.4-series
database. The most likely cause is that your user is not using the
driver they think they are; perhaps there is an older version of the
driver earlier in the classpath or in the JVM's extension search path.

-O