Re: Multiple Xids in PGPROC? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Multiple Xids in PGPROC?
Date
Re: Multiple Xids in PGPROC?  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Yup.. And some of us intend on wrapping every single statement in a
> subtransaction so we can rollback on an error without aborting the main
> transaction.

Point there being "main transaction".  What i'm saying is that the vast
majority of your "transactions" will be single statements.  eg. single
selects, single updates, etc.

> In fact, I would be surprised if tools like psql went very long without
> doing the same thing so users can recover from spelling mistakes.

If the user does an explicit BEGIN, then perhaps we might, but how often
does the user do an explicit BEGIN?

Chris