Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Function to do runtime relative directory - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Function to do runtime relative directory
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>+         if (toupper(*src) != toupper(*src))

Shouldn't this be

    if (toupper(*src) != toupper(*dst))

?

For completeness, you should probably also check for network drive paths ("\\machine\sharename\foo").

I also think we should just canonicalise everything early, and then never have to worry about / vs \ again.

I must confess I think this scheme is overkill - I can't think of a use case where one would want a relocatable
installationwhich would any pattern other than the one we are thinking of for the windows binary installer. Are we
takingflexibility too far?

cheers

andrew