Socket command type unknown - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Philippe Sempé
Subject Socket command type unknown
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I'm developping a deamon, written in C under "Linux RedHat 9".
I'm using ECPG to access my db.
The postgres version is 7.3.2

Sometimes I've got the "Socket command type  unknown" error message displayed in my log file after a SELECT or an UPDATE, and then my daemon lose the connection with the postmaster ('no connection to the server' message).

I found in the archives that the problem may be a bad synchonization between the backend (postmaster ?) and the frontend (my daemon / libpq ?). I understand that because the protocol is waiting for a 'Q' ("query") or an 'X' ("exit") but I didn't found any solution !

Have you any idea ?

Thanks

Philippe Sempe (France)