Re: Unicode problem ??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Antonakakis
Subject Re: Unicode problem ???
Date
List pgsql-general
I am also using postgres database with delphi. Therefor I don't use ODBC
but I use the Zeos Database components for delphi.
I had similar problems though. My database is in iso8859-7 and I needed
Greek chars to appear corectly in my application. What I did is I am
running an sql statement when my application is starting up (after my
datasource connection to the db etc) and I am setting my client's
encoding to iso8859-7. No problems since then ... Greeks show ok .. they
are stored ok and the search on the data works file.
Hope I helped a little

Alexander Antonakakis