Re: Order by YYYY MM DD in reverse chrono order trouble - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Edmund Bacon
Subject Re: Order by YYYY MM DD in reverse chrono order trouble
Date
List pgsql-sql
Is there some reason you can't do this:

SELECT DISTINCT date_part('year', uu.add_date),  date_part('month', uu.add_date),  date_part('day', uu.add_date)
 FROM uus INNER JOIN ui ON uus.user_id=ui.id INNER JOIN uu ON ui.id=uu.user_id WHERE uus.x_id=1
 ORDER BY uu.add_date DESC;

This might be faster, as you only have to sort on one field, and I think it should give the desired results

Edmund Bacon <ebacon@onesystem.com>