Re: Minor fixes for upcoming version 13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Minor fixes for upcoming version 13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
John Naylor <john.naylor@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 12:16 PM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 09.09.2020 18:29, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> But it's not user-visible is it?  That should surely be a can't-happen
>>> case.

>> I've encountered this while translating NLS messages in postgres.po and
>> ecpg.po. So I think it should at least puzzle translators.

> Maybe instead Assert(0) with a comment or something like that?

Maybe what we need is yyerror_internal() for messages that don't require
translation.  Or just convert it to a plain elog(ERROR) ... that would
lose the possibility of providing an error cursor, but that seems like
something we don't need here either.