Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM, marcin mank <marcin.mank@gmail.com> wrote:
> LOG:  could not link file "pg_xlog/xlogtemp.2367" to
> "pg_xlog/000000010000000000000000" (initialization of log file 0,

This is not related -- it seems your filesystem doesn't support hard
links. I thought we used "junctions" on versions of Windows that
support them which I would have expected would include XP but my
knowledge of Windows is thin and obsolete.

--
greg