Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
ntknow of it is the only replica reading these log files our if the site policy is to keep them for disaster recovery
purposes.<p>Ilike having this as an return val command though. Or alternately now that we have read-only replicas you
couldimplement this by polling the slaves and asking them what log position they are up to.<br /><br
/><p>greg<p><blockquotetype="cite">On 12 Feb 2010 17:25, "Dimitri Fontaine" <<a
thearchive_cleanup_command into main server as well, if<br /> > you like. Won't take long....</font>Would it be
Eitherhave archive_cleanup = on and either an commented out (empty)<br /> archive_cleanup_command and the same for the
haveboth a zero config working default setup and the<br /> flexibility to adapt to any archiving solution our user
directoryname or a rsync path and it does the basic right thing.<br /><br /> I'm not sure my detailed approach is the
rightone, but the birdview is<br /> to have the simple case really simple to setup, and the complex cases<br /> still
simplecase actually is with a remote standby. Without<br /> NFS or the like, no shared mount point for archiving.<br