Re: Removing pg_migrator limitations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Removing pg_migrator limitations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Well, I think the checksums are going in the item pointers, so there
> isn't any new storage space --- my guess is that the page version number
> will control how the backend stores the checksum.  Basically the backend
> will need to read old and new page versions.  I don't think this is
> something pg_migrator can handle cleanly.

I thought our plan was to only read old page versions and
automatically rewrite them to new page versions. We'll have to add the
hooks and the page rewrite code  to do that, no?

Is that something we're comfortable adding in the final commitfest?

--
greg