Re: bytea vs. pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: bytea vs. pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> One other stylistic gripe: I don't much like inserting a GUC variable
> definition into builtins.h --- that file has traditionally only
> contained function extern declarations.  The best alternative I can
> think of is to move the bytea-related stuff into a new include file
> include/utils/bytea.h.  Has anyone got an objection or a better idea?

The other guc that controls default i/o formats for a data type is
DateStyle. I can't say I expected to find that in miscadmin.h though.
Perhaps move both of them into a utils/adt.h or something like that?

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf