Mixed UTF8 / Latin1 database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Claudio Cicali
Subject Mixed UTF8 / Latin1 database
Date
Re: Mixed UTF8 / Latin1 database
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm trying to restore a pg_dump-backed up database from one
server to another. The problem is that the db is "mixed encoded"
in UTF-8 and LATIN1... (weird but, yes it is ! It was ported once
from a hypersonic db... that screwed up something and now I'm
fighting with that...).

So, trying to restore that db into a UTF-8 encoded new one, gives
me errors ("invalid unicode character..."), but importing it
into a LATIN1 econcoded one, gives me weird characters (of course).

I'm wondering if anyone could have a script or something to help me
with this situation... :(

thanks.

--
Claudio Cicali