Re: pl/perl features - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: pl/perl features
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Robert Treat wrote:<br /><blockquote cite="mid200404100953.29284.xzilla@users.sourceforge.net" type="cite"><pre
wrap="">Thefolks at CommandPrompt have made some noise about developing these

features, and I believe they actually have implemented trigger functionality
in plperl.  I am not sure if they are going to contribute thier changes back
to the community or not, but if you were planning on implementing these
features it might be worth talking with them.  </pre></blockquote> Yes we have implemented triggers but not SPI yet. We
havebeen working quite a bit on plPHP lately.<br /> Which by the way is almost done and supports
SPI/Triggers/SETOf/Compositetypes :). As far as<br /> contributing back... please feel free to take the code it is on
ourwebsite (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.commandprompt.com">http://www.commandprompt.com</a>)<br
/>under community.<br /><br /> Our next project was to start on plPerl. We have already solicited feedback from Andrew
Dunstanand<br /> he has offers us some ideas, as well as offered some ideas on features (and even a patch I think) back
cite="mid200404100953.29284.xzilla@users.sourceforge.net"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

Robert Treat

documentationunder missing features, it is observed that

PL/Perl cannot be used to write functions and that DBD::PgSPI is not
integrated in the standard PostgreSQL distribution.  These features are
indeed missing, and would be great to have.  Is there any active
development in that direction, or are they just on the wish list of the
distant future?

Thanks,
Nick Addington

TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="mailto:majordomo@postgresql.org">majordomo@postgresql.org</a>)

+1-503-667-4564 - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:jd@commandprompt.com">jd@commandprompt.com</a> - <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"href="http://www.commandprompt.com">http://www.commandprompt.com</a>

PostgreSQL Replicator -- production quality replication for PostgreSQL</pre>