Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Date
Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm fairly resistant to putting less-than-ready code in the tree, I must
> say.

Me too, at least if "less than ready" means "unstable".  The committed
code has to always be solid enough to let everybody continue working on
their own bits.  However, in the past we've tended to refuse stuff if
it "didn't do anything interesting", and I think that attitude will need
adjustment.  We'll have to be prepared to accept patches that are only
interesting as waystations to some long-term goal.