Re: The postgres server don't work - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: The postgres server don't work
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/8/22 15:29, Mohammed falih wrote:
> yes I think the service doesn't even start

Yet below you said it does.

> I have only the default protection that comes with the operating system
>
> wow the postgres started working!! but the problem came back that talks

Did you revert the change you made earlier to get it to work?

> about console code " WARNING: Console code page (437) differs from
> Windows code page (1252)
>
> 8-bit characters mightnot  work correctly. See psql reference
>           page "Notes for Windows users"for  details."

So follow the instructions here :

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html

"
Notes for Windows Users

psql is built as a “console application”. Since the Windows console
windows use a different encoding than the rest of the system, you must
take special care when using 8-bit characters within psql. If psql
detects a problematic console code page, it will warn you at startup. To
change the console code page, two things are necessary:

     Set the code page by entering cmd.exe /c chcp 1252. (1252 is a code
page that is appropriate for German; replace it with your value.) If you
are using Cygwin, you can put this command in /etc/profile.

     Set the console font to Lucida Console, because the raster font
does not work with the ANSI code page.
"

In the terminal before running psql do:

cmd.exe /c chcp 1252