Re: PG vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PG vs MySQL
Date
Re: PG vs MySQL
Re: PG vs MySQL
List pgsql-general
> I also wonder how well the pg_hba.conf method will scale.  What happens
> if there are hundreds of client databases or thousands of entries in
> pg_hba.conf?

Although I personally would like to see a pg_hba table instead of the
file, I would have to seariously question your implementation if you had
hundreds of databases on a single machine.

If you need separate data spaces for each customer but the application
uses the same schema, use namespaces within a single database.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> --
> Mike Nolan