Re: compiling problem: tab-complete.c - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: compiling problem: tab-complete.c
Date
List pgsql-general
BRINER Cedric <work@infomaniak.ch> writes:
> tab-complete.c: In function `psql_completion':
> tab-complete.c:306: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `rl_completion_matches'
> tab-complete.c:306: `rl_compentry_func_t' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
>>
>> What version of libreadline do you have installed?

> After fighting to know which version, I finally get the version 4.2
> os:SOLARIS 8

My guess is that you have a 4.2 readline library (.a or .so file),
but the readline.h include file that configure is finding is for a
much older version of libreadline.  You need to make sure that the
library and include files match...

            regards, tom lane