Re: conversion_create.sql (Related to BUG#1072) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunasekaran Balakrishnan
Subject Re: conversion_create.sql (Related to BUG#1072)
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
Gunasekaran Balakrishnan <guna@motorola.com> writes:
creating conversions... ERROR:  could not access file
"$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or directory
What does "pg_config --pkglibdir" report?  Is ascii_and_mic.so actually
present in that directory?  If so, I would guess that the "no such file"
failure actually means that the dynamic loader couldn't locate some
other shared library that ascii_and_mic.so depends on.  Use ldd or local
equivalent to inspect ascii_and_mic.so's library dependencies.  You
might need to fool with ldconfig settings or some such.
"pg_config --pkglibdir" shows me "/usr/local/pgsql/lib".

Since I did not specify --prefix when I did a configure, I assume it took
the default as /usr/local/pgsql/.

So, it it that the this path is fixed and that I have to always have pgsql installed
only in this path ?
So, if I need the install directory to be /usr/local/pgsql.7.4.2 instead, do I need
to recompile completely ?

Actually, I wanted to compile postgres 7.4.2 and distribute the binaries/libraries
it to my team. So, is it mandatory that they take the also place the binaries/libraries
in the same location -- "/usr/local/pgsql" ?
So, is this path configurable at runtime ?
This was not the case with 7.2.2 where I could place the binaries/libraries in a
different place than where it was installed during compilation.

Thanks a lot,
guna.