Re: ole db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shachar Shemesh
Subject Re: ole db
Date
List pgsql-general
Grant Allen wrote:

>It's a dead project ...

Used to be dead. Not any more.

>I couldn't find any useable output (that's more an indictment of my coding skills than anything else).

Then you haven't tried over the past month or two. The version released
there already has some results support. The CVS is much better already.
I'm attempting to get some sort of basic functionality ordered out, and
then I'll do another release.

>  I signed up and contacted the other two developers listed, but never got a response.  If you're keen on the OLE DB /
ADOplay ground, you'll need to use the OLEDB-ODBC bridge with the ODBC driver.

Yes, so did I. I then contacted the hackers list. I then opened a new
project, at which point the gborg admin just handed me control over the
old project. Along the way, I found out the email for the old project
maintainer, as well as another group which is not tightly related to
postgres who began work on similar project. They are all subscribed to
the oledb-dev mailing list (though I have not heard from any of them of
late).

At the moment, the ole-db driver (the CVS version) is quite capable of
doing basic queries (yes, including getting the results to the app :-).
I'm slowly putting more stuff in, but would love to get any help with
this you (or glenn) can offer. For example - current version still does
not properly report NULL columns, resulting in junk results in columns
with no data. Still loads of work ahead, but defenitely better than it
used to be.

Instructions on how to pull the CVS version and compile it can be found
at http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/oledb/cvs/co.php/oledb/INSTALL?r=1.3

>Ciao
>Fuzzy
>:-)