Re: postmaster won't start under cygwin after password change - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Harris
Subject Re: postmaster won't start under cygwin after password change
Date
List pgsql-general
Bill Harris <bill_harris@facilitatedsystems.com> writes:

> I asked on cygwin but no answer yet; maybe someone here knows.
>
> I've been running PostgreSQL 7.4.1 successfully for a few weeks under an
> updated cygwin, but it stopped working over the weekend.  That happened
> to be the time XP Pro decided my postgres password should expire.  I
> gave it a new password, as requested, but postmaster still won't start.
> ipc-daemon2.exe is running.

This is now an item of mostly intellectual curiousity, for I reset my
password to the old value and told XP to leave it alone, and it again
works (duh!).

Bill
--
Bill Harris                                  3217 102nd Place SE
Facilitated Systems                          Everett, WA 98208 USA