Re: pg_upgrade generated files in subdir follow-up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_upgrade generated files in subdir follow-up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> Commit 38bfae36526 moved the .txt files pg_upgrade generates to a separate
> subdir, but there are a few left which are written to cwd.  The thread
> resulting in that patch doesn't discuss these files specifically so it seems
> they are just an oversight. Unless I'm missing something.

> Should something the attached be applied to ensure all generated files are
> placed in the subdirectory?

It certainly looks inconsistent ATM.  I wondered if maybe the plan was to
put routine output into the log directory but problem-reporting files
into cwd --- but that isn't what's happening now.

As long as we report the path to where the file is, I don't see a reason
not to put problem-reporting files in the subdir too.