OID problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Hess
Subject OID problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of "porting" an enterprise CMS system which
is targeting Weblogic/Oracle plattform to Tomcat/pgsql. As expected,
pgsql does a great job in replacing Oracle esp. compared to mysql...

The only problem I have is related to this OID stuff -- I read a bit
about this and found a way to solve my initial problems by creating my
tables with "WITHOUT OIDS" -- works fine and CMS runs like on the
original plattform (even faster but that's an other story).

Now my real problem is that the CMS itself creates new tables for new
asset types and does not create the tables using "WITHOUT OIDS".

Now my question: Is it possible somehow to switch for a complete
database to WITHOUT OIDS so that tables are created without oid by
default? Even disabling this for pgsql in generell would be OK for me.
Or is there an other ways around this problem?

Thanks for your help,
   Patrick