Is this fixed in the 7.4 release? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Wei Weng
Subject Is this fixed in the 7.4 release?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I am having troubles the following code on PostgreSQL 7.3.1.

[snip]   res = PQexec(conn, "SELECT '' AS blah");   if (!res)   {       fprintf(stderr, "SELECT command failed: %s\n",

PQerrorMessage(conn));       PQclear(res);       exit_nicely(conn);   }
   fprintf(stdout, "OID(%d)\n", PQftype(res, 0));     PQclear(res);
[/snip]

Basically, I am asking the program to return me the field type of the
first column in the command "select '' AS blah". I was expecting
something like a CHAROID, but the return value is UNKNOWNOID (OID(705)).
D'oh. And I also tried "select ' ' AS blah", as well as "select 'A' AS
blah", they all returned me UNKNOWNOID (OID(705)) for the first column.

Is this a bug? If it is, is it fixed in 7.4 release possibly?

--
Wei Weng
KenCast Inc.