selecting cursor based fetch - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Indra Heckenbach
Subject selecting cursor based fetch
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I started working with the jdbc driver on the CVS head, and found a
difference with earlier release version (driver packages with 7.4.1 I
believe).  I am creating a prepared statement with
TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE and setFetchSize(20).  In older version, the
JDBC driver correctly does "DECLARE CURSOR ...".  On the head this is
not done.  I noticed the method getQueryFragments():String[] will
transformToCursorFetch() if the statement !wantsScrollableResultSet().
Shouldn't this condition be reversed?  This implementation will force
scrollable queries to be fully cached in memory.  I realize this makes
methods like absolute() work properly, but these techniques prevent
cursor based positioning.

thanks,
Indra