Re: does this look more like a possible bug or more like - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: does this look more like a possible bug or more like
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:
>> At one point, I arrived at the following situation:
>
>> psql:/home/data/megadump.sql:5169: WARNING:  specified item offset is too
>> large
>> psql:/home/data/megadump.sql:5169: PANIC:  failed to add item to the page for
>> "pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index"
>
> Looks like a bug to me.  Can you create a reproducible test case?

I have seen one occurence of that during a Slony test run on the log
table. I think it can be reproduced (not reliable though) with a high
frequency of insert, select and delete of growing keys with a very high
frequency of vacuums at the same time.

Concurrency seems to be an issue here.

Jan